Monday, October 27, 2008

PR News Post #8

I was reading an article about how PR and Advertising are in serious threat the next couple of years.  Now to be honest, this is something that I always worry about with majoring in PR.  I just don't know if I will have a secure job in the future, and also one that has a great salary.  In the article, they said that with the way the economy is headed, businesses are going to have to start "trimming the fat."  What that means basically is only keeping employees on board who are absolutely necessary.  Now I am not agreeing with them, but I can see why they would cut PR and Marketing people first.  Just because they are things the business can run without.  Well, in the short term they will be OK, but when it comes to longterm effects of cutting these people, that is a whole other story.  The business will suffer greatly because they haven't had great advertising, or kept a solid relationship with the public.

No comments: