Friday, September 26, 2008

PR News Post #1

I recently read an article on the PR news Website titled Measuring Social Media Efforts: How & Why You Need to Do It...  I found it to be very interesting.  At first I didn't understand exactly what the topic was when they said "social media," but now I understand it.  Social media can be anything in media, usually on the Web, that keeps people interacting.  The best example I think they used was discussion boards and blogs.  They mentioned eventually these types of things might replace focus groups, and this would effect the PR industry greatly.  I totally agree with this article.  Not only do I feel this way, but I am also learning about these specific things in more than one of my classes.  I find it very interesting, but also cool that we can slowly move as a society towards technology as a way of communicating.  I know some people feel this is not a good thing and we are losing people skills as a result of texting, blogs, myspace, etc.., but I don't feel that.  Becoming technologically aware does not effect people skills for most people.  The only time I see this happening is when someone takes technology to an extreme and shuts themselves out from the world.  Well, there are my thoughts...  Take them as you may!  If that makes any sense...

No comments: